Monday, April 20, 2009

Club Monster Katie : A Thursday Night Escapade

Your eyes do not deceive you, my reader. That is indeed PY, myself and Lobo spelling out C-L-U-B with our hands. You see, this past Thursday, was a rare occasion. The occasion was a bachelorette party for Jillian, a girl that went to The Meadows with PY and Lobo. There are two reasons you would ever find Lobo in a club.

1. Someone is getting married.

2. It is my birthday and I have guilted her into coming.

Now, also it is also a rare occasion for me to be leaving my house to go to a club at 10 p.m. on a week night. But this, this I could not miss. It was worth every second of my lack-0f-sleep, hungover work day last Friday. We had a BLAST. PY, had THREE drinks. That is as many as Lauren and I had and probably the most she has had since college. She was making me laugh so hard I almost spit out my drink like four different times. And wait for it, wait for it...Lobo was on the dance floor and MOVING and SMILING. It was a proud moment for Club Monster Katie. When we finally took a break out on Blush's patio, I checked my phone. 1:56 a.m. My jaw dropped. Lobo said, "Ha! I was wondering when you were going to notice." How the tables have turned, my friends, have the tables have turned. However, I know that if I were to ever try to convince the two of them to come out to a club (in another three months when I'm ready to go again), they would turn me down. "But remember that night at Blush....remember how much fun we had?!?" "Yes but um no, I'm going to pass." So, please, please call me if you're a long lost friend of ours who is getting married so I have an excuse to drag these ladies back under the lights, the steam and the sounds of a DJ.




No comments: