Monday, April 27, 2009

A Circus of a Weekend

No need to adjust your computer screens HSCOOC readers, that is a shot of Miss Britney Spears that I took on Saturday night. I know, I know....it's pretty much US Weekly quality. Let me just tell you that Mr. Chin, PY's Dad, is MY HERO (next to Jamie Spears for bringing Brit Brit back from Crazytown). Eener and I were seated IN THE CENTER OF THE RING, it was an actual PART OF THE STAGE, second row. The price tag on our tickets? $595 a piece.

I know, insane.

I was so excited I thought I was going to wet my pants when they kept telling us to "keep going, keep going, you're going to need the yellow wristbands." I had no idea what "yellow wristbands" meant but I knew I wanted one. The people passing by us to go stand in GA by the stage, I referred to as "minions" which almost made Eener fall out of her seat. But it's true! I felt like a million bucks sitting just 15 feet away from the front of the stage.

At one point, I got a little teary eyed....go ahead, say what you must but to think of Eener and I seeing her HBO Special Live from Las Vegas in 2001, to watch the demise of her career (and herself) over the past two years then to see her, so close, on stage in front of a sold out crowd at the MGM...you know, made me really happy for her. She performed for almost two hours. And yes, she was lip-syncing the entire time. I expected that though, there was no disappointment. Trust me, I did not go to see Britney Spears SING LIVE. First, that would never happen because she can't really sing (I love the girl, but that's just a fact) and second, we go to see the performance. Which includes a whole lot more than just Brit Brit. Her back-up dancers were amazing, the circus acts were a nice touch, fire, sex, video...you name it, we saw it.

Justin didn't end up showing up to profess his love for me but I sure did scream like a 15-year-old girl the whole time.








And as an added bonus....

Friday night came in as a close second as Double L and I spent the night downtown at our favorite spot, Don't Tell Mama. Which also happened to be the last night with my long hair. I rocked it with my now infamous fedora.
Long night short, let's just say that I met a boy. I don't know much yet so let's not get our hopes up but what I do know is that he resides permanently on the beach (in Vegas temporarily) and he melts cheese for a living :) Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

zbruns said...

I would go see Miley Cyrus if it meant I got to look down my nose at thosands of people with worse seats than me.