Friday, November 4, 2011

Shots of Cheese : Nine : Martina Navratilova

Last year at this time, my blood, sweat and tears were getting poured in to a little event called the Ethel M Cactus Lighting (or Katie's Crazy Cactus).

This year at this time, my blood, sweat and tears have been poured in to a little event called the Annual Women's Luncheon by The Women's Foundation of Colorado. It's the largest Luncheon in the state - and this year, the keynote speaker was only one of the best tennis players in the world - Martina Navratilova. 

I'm surprised I could spell her name correctly, I'm so sleep deprived. Then again, I've typed it about a thousand times in the past few months so I bet I could do it with my eyes closed.

The Luncheon is almost exactly like the Cactus Lighting - just take all the chocolate and replace it with estrogen. It's a lot of writing, a lot of pitching, a lot of feeling like you need a drink at inappropriate times of the day, a lot of media - and ultimately, very rewarding.


Martina's speech was incredibly inspiring. I am not sure if you would ever have the opportunity to hear her speak but if you do, I highly suggest stopping in for some motivation. And if that doesn't happen, try to live by the words that the WFCO does: Think Big. Be Bold. Stay Focused. And Accomplish More.

How's that for some girl power?



No comments: