Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shots of Cheese : Eight : Music Night

You know those nights when you walk in to a bar or restaurant and you see a stage getting set-up and you know that it could either make or break your night?

Last night was one of those nights. GB and I went to get some seafood last night in the Highlands. We see the space being set up, and I'm sure the thing the both of us thought immediately was whether or not they would need a harmonica player to join in.

We take a seat at the bar, order a plethora of seafood - and some NZ Souv Blanc for yours truly - and ask who is playing tonight. The bartender starts going on and on about how amazing these guys are. In fact, he tells us, two of them are leaving tonight to go meet Bono to tour with him. If you know me, you know that those four letters hardly act as a selling point. If anything, it made me nervous to know that Bono loved them. Then again, I suppose that's how the Killers got their start so....

Well, kids, Bono may have awful taste in sunglasses, hair styles and attitude in general - but apparently, he knows how to recognize talented musicians because these guys were
A M A Z I N G.

Music Night
Photographed at Highland Pacific
Captured on November 2, 2011


They played everything from reggae to blues to pop and did it all in their own style, with the ability to have me want to get out of my chair and dance the night away.

But I didn't, instead I drank wine and tapped my foot. And took it all in. And wondered how well I could play the tambourine along with Tori Pater and Friends. And maybe, just maybe, hated Bono a little less by the time we left.

No comments: