Sunday, June 13, 2010

27 - Not So Serious After All

Last Friday night, I celebrated my 27th birthday with some of my favorite people. There were certainly a few key players missing due to distance but to be honest, I don't know if there could have been one more ounce of fun in this party.

We packed a punch with this one.

Kicked it off with dinner at Downtown Firefly. With a party of 18 or so, the sangria and tapas were non-stop for 3 hours.






The party then made a quick stop in the room to drop off my presents (my friends spoiled me and I cannot thank them enough), and continued down Fremont to the Beauty Bar for The Get Back. Shots were taken, beers were consumed and everyone was on their feet. It was a non-stop dance party until nearly 4 a.m. (!!!).








And the party didn't end there. After Beauty, we walked over to Don't Tell Mama where Dre serenaded me with a sexy rendition of Happy Birthday. And yes, I may have been falling in love with her at this moment.


The lights came on in Mama's and it was time to head back to the Nugget. I am feeling pretty tipsy at this point (more like really, really drunk) and all I want is a Happy Meal. I announce this to the group and on our trek back up Fremont, there, like a mirage, was a 24-hour McDonald's. Chicken McNuggets at 5 a.m. - a dream come true I tell you.

The next day (or more accurately, a few hours later), we crawled out of bed around 10 a.m. to get ourselves down to the pool. I officially got 3 hours of sleep the night before. I am getting to old for this! But The Tank and slide made it totally worth it. As previously mentioned, I wish I had more photos to share with you (because the 19 in this post already is not enough!) - but this is officially the last picture that was taken with my camera before the drop:

Luckily, I was never a fan of this Sony camera and I have a new Canon en route to me now. I've got to have a camera to document this next year - I have a feeling it's going to be the best one yet.

Welcome, 27 and thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with me.

XOXO.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous! I've been waiting for a cheese update...

katiek said...

Thank you!!

X said...

Seriously, I had sooooo much fun. It was awesome. Can't wait 'til next year! :)