Monday, April 26, 2010

An Update in the Life of Cheese

So it's been crazy.

Crazy busy at work, which is awesome actually. I've been feeling really re-inspired lately and am feeling more and more excited by my job on a daily basis.

This semester of school is slowly but surely wrapping up. I'm pretty sure I have finals next week, should probably look into that.

Kickball has been great. Do you know who had the BEST KICK OF THE GAME two weeks ago? This girl, this girl right here, did. I couldn't believe it. I made it to second with a forced out before I got to third (does it sound like I know what I am talking about?). I also caught (then dropped) a fly ball that hit me pretty hard in the face. So I figured I got the worst stuff out of the way. Plus we were playing one of the toughest teams ever with a GUY THAT DRIVES IN FROM CALIFORNIA TO PLAY. Some say that's a rumor but he was pretty f'ing serious out there on the mound. The game was followed by good beers, food and conversation with my teammates at Shucks. Loving this already.

Yesterday, Kid Sister and I attended our very first Bikram Yoga class. When we walked in the room, we both immediately almost PUKED ON SPOT from the smell. Have you been to a class? Do you know the smell I am talking about? It's like a gym locker but OH IN 105 DEGREE HEAT WITH 60% HUMIDITY. Disgusting. Kid Sister turned to me and said, "Girl, I don't think I can do this." But guess what? We did. There were only about six or seven times in the 90-minute class that I thought I was going to faint. My dear Chad (and yoga guru) had told me the most important thing about your first class is to just STAY IN THE ROOM. Yeah, that sounds a lot easier before you're inside said room. But we did it and let me tell you, that feeling when instruction is finally done and you're in Savasana....EUPHORIC. Seriously, better than most...OK, I won't go there since my parents read this but youknowhatI'msayin. Simply blissful. In order to get the full bang for my buck, we'll be there three times a week for the next two months. So if you see me, offer me some water, I can guarantee I'll be thirsty.

I can tell Summer is approaching because I'm falling in love approx. 3-4 times a week. This happens every Spring/Summer.

So if I'm not too busy falling in love, here is what is on the books:

  • The Hunt, which is waayyy past due.
  • An introduction to Club Monster Curtis.
  • Kid Sister and Katie go to Crystal Palace Skating Rink. This one includes....VIDEO.
And I am very happy to tell you that Gordon is finally home and recovering well. He is in the cone of misery whenever he is unsupervised, which I keep telling him is for his own good but he just looks at me like this.

I know, what a little heart-breaker. Good news is, his staples from his 4-inch incision come out one week from today and yes, we will be headed straight for the park.

No comments: