Monday, March 1, 2010

White Trash Bash

Shelly and Mike playing the 'disapproving parents' role to KK and KW

One of my nearest and dearest, Austin Spencer, owns a tattoo shop here in Las Vegas called Studio 21. Now, as you may have guessed, tattoo shop in Vegas are a dime a dozen but what makes this shop unique is that it is a family affair. Austin owes the shop with his mother, Becki, who manages and handles the business/marketing side of things, father, Charlie, who is also a tattoo artist and sister, Courtney, front desk/organizer/booker extraordinaire. They started this little project seven years ago and it is now one of the most successful tattoo shops in Las Vegas and has been featured on shows like 20/20 and 'The Biggest Loser'. They certainly have a lot to celebrate so celebrate we did this past Friday night.

For those of you who do not follow me on a daily basis and were fortunate enough not to see me drowning in my own self-pity as I suffered from Bronchitis last week, would not take it as a surprise that I put on my party pants (and party pants they were, just you wait!) and toasted to my dear friends but those of you who were witness to my misery that was last week, might be surprised that I did put on said party pants and did, indeed, toast to my dear friends. On codeine and antibiotics with an inhaler in my purse. Who said Club Monster Katie had died??

Usually, I am not a fan of the 'White Trash' themed parties. I tend to think of them as a little played out and yes, I can tell you that everyone will be pregnant in a wife-beater while smoking and drinking and the guys will all be wearing trucker hats. But if I'm going to go, I'm going to dress up. That's just WHO I AM. So Kristin and I headed to Savers and made out like a couple of white trash bandits. So Friday night rolled around and I put on some leather pants. That's right kids, LEATHER PANTS.

Did I also mention that this was all for a good cause? Studio 21 Tattoo raised over $2,500 for Adaptive Action Sports, our friend Amy's charity that benefits young adults living with permanent physical disabilities who are active in action sports. So (trucker) hats off to you, my friends. We've all been known to drink and when you tell us we're drinking for a cause, well....party on.

I'll let the photos take it from here.









No comments: