Monday, March 2, 2009

Are you there, DJ? It's me, Katie.

So there we are on Girl's Night Out. I'm happy to tell you that it was a total SUCCESS. We started at my place for a few drinks and then headed to Sammy's for a delicious meal. After reviewing our choices, we decided to start at our classic spot...Body English. We knew we would be able to walk in and I knew that they offered free Champagne for the ladies on Friday nights. Bubbly at Body English? I'd never turn that down. We arrived, like when the doors opened, like a couple of old ladies and the place was empty. And stayed that way until midnight when we decided it was time to "move on". But we did get some great shots since we had so much room to work with on the dance floor:


We then decided to head to Tao, which was the polar opposite of Body English. We were like a bunch of sardines on the dance floor there. I'm sure at one point or another in the beginning we were all thinking, "This. Is. Miserable. Who ARE all these people??"
Once we established some room, we had a grand old time and before we knew it, it was 2:15 in the morning and we had been dancing for a solid two hours. Then it was time for some fresh air out on the balcony. Here I captured a great shot of Lile.
I suffered from quite the hangover on Saturday but bounced back after a delicious brunch and movie with Chloe and Alex. Saturday night was spent with LoBo drinking Sangria at Firefly. Although I had a BLAST on Friday night, I think we all felt we got it out of our system and won't need to visit the scene again for another 6-12 months.
I love 22-year-old me. I won't deny the fact that I certainly felt 22 again, especially when we were at Tao. Driving down Flamingo towards the Hard Rock brought back some fond memories. But, more importantly this weekend, I learned sitting at Firefly on Saturday with Lauren, that I also love 25-year-old me. The one who enjoys some good conversation, good Sangria and is in bed by midnight and up at 7 for a walk in the park with her dog.

Turns out, growing up isn't too shabby after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, just wait until you discover 30-year-old you. Firefly will seem like a raging night out. :)