Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Steamboat on Skis


Just the week before last, Lauren and Scott flew in from Vegas to pack up Andy's (fancy) new car and we headed northwest. A short three hours later, we were in my favorite ski town - Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

It was our second annual trip, this time with a larger condo which meant more friends and more good times on the mountain.









Since our last trip, I had made the switch back to skis after being on a snowboard for a decade. Best decision I've ever made. Snowboarding just never clicked for me, I could never ride with ease the way Laura or Scott do. The only great day I'd ever had riding happened to be the same one when I broke my arm. So, come to find out, I'm better on two planks and thanks to skiing five days in one week, I can say I am pretty confidant I'm the next Lindsey Vonn.


Ok, that might be an exaggeration. But I am keeping up with the team now at least. And looking good while I do it thanks to all new gear from my wonderful parents for Christmas.

Come Sunday, I was not ready to say goodbye to Ski Town, U.S.A. but alas, I had an anxious puppy and a pile of work awaiting my return. Thankfully, I get to return come this March when Carl Knoch visits me for some quality father/daughter time on the slopes.

Until then, Steamboat, you're looking real good for 50. Keep it up (just try to have 50 in. + accumulation come when I'm there next time, not the days following).




No comments: