Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writer's Block

Well hey there, my babies! My apologies for being absent from the blogosphere for a few weeks now. I've been suffering from something they call writer's block - luckily though, I have not been suffering from life block.

As summer has progressed, so have the experiences, friendships, travels and memories. I took a little trip back to the Home Sweet Neon for Pep's 60th birthday, I traveled to Salt Lake City for the Summer Outdoor Retailer show where I got to spend a few hours with Miss Ann Westlake (Ann, how in the world did we not take one single photo together?!), I was involved in a hit-and-run car accident, I met Sebastian Evan (pictured below!), I threw a Meet and Greet at my apartment complex where I encouraged my neighbors to come down and enjoy a cold one with me and my curly dog, I finished up another season of Waka Kickball, I caught up with friends, I visited SK+G, I went to see Fleet Foxes at the Filmore, I house-sat up at the Wicklers while they went to visit the Schumachers up in Oregon, I went to WaterWorld with Andy - where we were two cousins, at age 28, acting like a bunch of 8-year-olds running around a water park on a Saturday morning, I crashed my bike, I got my car registered in Colorado (so official!), I ate empanadas for the first time, I watched thunderstorms, and today brings my first trip to Colorado's Ikea with Anne.

So, you see, it's not that I've been lacking in life - it's just that looking back on my last few posts I felt like this blog had become very "This is what we did and here are some photos." What kind of creative writing is that? Not that I don't love sharing all experiences with you guys - it's just this blog is not to recap my life - it's to be an experience all on it's own.

I've been reading a lot lately - trying to get some inspiration through others. So as I work that out, I've put together this little recommended reading list for you - and I'll even throw in some pictures so you know this isn't some kind of an impostor but just a girl getting wrapped up in life.

Read:
Freedom by Jonathan Frazen
This article from the New Yorker
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
This new column from Benneton's very own Xazmin Garza
About Ryan Gosling from Esquire
Any current copy of Entertainment Weekly

Look:









No comments: