Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blind Pilot


Last night Noah and I trekked over to Boulder to catch a show. Coming off of four days at Steamboat, going to a concert was not at the top of my list but this wasn't just a show - this was Blind Pilot

Blind Pilot happens to be the first band that Noah introduced me to, so you can understand why we needed to be there. Especially since they had actually just played the Tuesday following our flight so we were sure we missed the opportunity to see them. But then, as fate loves to help us out - they announced a show in a small theatre, not in Denver - but just over the hill (or 36 W rather) in Boulder.

As we stood two rows back from the stage, me dancing and Noah keeping the beat on my back - it was definitely one of those surreal moments, where you realize that everything has actually fallen in to place quite nicely.

So obviously feeling slightly emotional - I teared up a bit as they played 'Half Moon' - the song that I've listened to every time I've left Noah's since November.

Because these are great days.

And this one, Keep You Right, has become one of my all time favorites.

So I don't know where you are but if your city is on this list, I highly recommend checking out their show.  I promise you won't be disappointed.

And don't forget to think of me when that tambourine comes out.


No comments: