Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oh, Hey June + Discovering Denver #34: A Show at the Ogden

My month of happiness has arrived. Although, I do have to say that 2011 has been pretty happy all around. Nothing beats mon amore, June, though.

I kicked off the best month of the year by attending my first show at Denver's Ogden Theater last night to see Yeasayer.

The 1917 building is located a short two blocks from my apartment so Kristen came over for to tailgate and we took a summer stroll to the show. If you ever have the chance to see Yeasayer - I highly suggest catching their show. They incorporated some great light visuals in to their show, Chris Keating - the group's lead singer has a haunting voice that carried so well throughout the old theater and not to mention - the dancing.

Their performance of Tightrope was my favorite last night - here is the song, try to imagine it live.

Theme for the summer: If you want get it big time, go ahead and get it get it big time.

No comments: