Friday, May 27, 2011

Fresh-Cut Sundays

Now that I live in a place where things actually bloom and survive for longer than a day, I've gotten really in to keeping fresh flowers in my place. There is something just so simply romantic about a fresh-cut bouquet.

There is a place in the Highlands neighborhood called Perfect Petal. They keep a walk-in of fresh cut flowers, allowing you the freedom to design your own bunch. I usually can't get in and out of there in less than 45 minutes. The name of the shop pretty much sums it up but I think the photo will do it better justice.

Pretty, right?

My place smells like a garden right now. Perfect timing for the hosting of my guest. Kid Sister arrives tonight at 11 p.m. which should make for one helluva fun, responsibility-free, long weekend in which I am in much need of.

Denver gets a bit of Vegas this weekend, sister style.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Love this! I need to do the same, though there's no pick-your-own-bouquet place here, sadly. Such a great business idea :)

Anonymous said...

Long time reader, first time commenting. I think you should do another month of happy! That was really inspiring.

katiek said...

I do love that business idea, Chloe. Maybe when we grow up we can open our own shop! Anonymous, thanks so much for the comment and for being a reader :) I would love to do another month of happy. Great call. I think I am going to do 30 pictures in 30 days this month. More happy coming your way though! <3