Monday, September 19, 2011

Drive.


My undying love for Ryan Gosling is no secret but even I have to admit when I saw the trailer for 'Drive' I was like 'Hmm - fast and furious?' but at the same time - I knew that my boy does not sign on to a bad movie.

Fast forward to this past week as the buzz started to build around 'Drive.' 97% on Rotten Tomatoes as of Friday. Rave reviews from my most respected film critics. And then EW listed it as their #1 MUST for the week.

SOLD.

So last night, I met Andy and Angela for dinner at (the newly remodeled) City o City before seeing catching a 7:20 showing of what I will now list as one of my favorite movies.

The entire movie was totally unexpected. Violent at times. Intense. Gosling, even with limited lines, does not disappoint. And in case me telling you to go or the fact that it stars the hottest man alive isn't enough to get you to go - then the soundtrack should. 80's electronica heaven. Preview here.

You can thank me later.

No comments: