Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Knoch Family Reunion 2011

You all remember the Reunion of 2009 - right? The one where I ended up on a chairlift horizontal? Good times.

Well, I am proud to say that we Knochs survived a family reunion, this time beach side, with absolutely no injuries! We all gathered in North Myrtle Beach, SC from June 11 - the 18th for a little fun in the sun.

It was the epitome of a vacation - I only set my alarm one day and that was to see the sunrise over the Atlantic (which turns out, was slightly off of the horizon but beautiful nonetheless)...

I read and listened to music, I sipped on cocktails with good people and great conversation and I ate ice cream almost every night. What more could a girl ask for?





Oh, that's right....a bed. Which I eventually got but only after dealing with the pullout for the first few nights. You see, as the single one in the family and the youngest - I am consistently cast away to the pullout. Katie doesn't need any privacy - she's single and young! I knew this was coming - so I had actually drafted and sent a letter to my family, calling this the "Pullout Free Vacation for Katie of 2011!" I even told this entire story to a man I met on the plane - I felt like he would understand my pain, being in the same boat as I as the single, young one in the family. I broke it down for him - told him I was standing up for myself and there would be no pullouts in my future, I had had enough. After my speech? He turned to me and said "Oh, you're F'ED."

Well, come to find out - he was right. Apparently, nobody was buying it.

Now, I do have to give credit where credit is due...Andrea and Seth did offer to squeeze their bodies in to whatever bed is the size between a twin and a full - and share a room with me. Now, what kind of fun does that sound like for anyone? NO FUN. Then we are just all miserable - it's fine, I'll take the pullout. Now, it's rare that I get heated but at this point, I was so incredibly pissed off that I literally had to take a walk, cool myself down and decide that this was absolutely no reason to ruin an entire week at the beach with your family. Even if they do make you sleep on a pullout.

And you know what? It ended up being a fantastic week. My family may be small - but we are all so close. Everyone took turns cooking dinner every night, we played a lot of Bocce Ball on the beach, poked fun at each other, ate pancakes, clinked glasses in celebration and even caught a movie while we were there (Super 8!).

So until next time, Knochs, here is to a great week of catching up, filled with laughter and memories. And alcohol - and, of course, photos. I love you all.












1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Looked like a lot of fun and relaxation! I love the hat!!