Thursday, November 6, 2008

Did You Know That My Little One is Getting Married?



It's true...in just 24 hours, The Giz will become The Wiz. And I couldn't be happier for her.

Lauren and I were out in Denver for the long Halloween weekend (we made it long by taking off Friday). We had booked these tickets a month a half ago, before the little one planned on getting married. It was THAT quick and at first I was a little concerned (I tend to be a bit over-protective of my B.F.F.s) but after spending three full days and nights with them as a couple, I realized that it's THAT quick because it's THAT real.

Josh is Linzi and Linzi is Josh. Linzi and I have been friends for a long time and I have never seen her this happy. I thought only I could make her laugh like that :)

Now, the Wiz is getting married this Saturday in Red Rocks in a small ceremony and I will not be there. This breaks my heart. I had asked her if she had wanted Lauren and I to change our tickets to come out this weekend instead of last but she explained that what mattered to her was that we got to spend some quality time with them as a couple and really get to know who THEY are. And that we did...

We got in Thursday night and all went to have Mexican together and then went to this drive bar called Mozart's Lounge. Friday they had to go to work so Lauren and I spent the day in LoDo eating lunch, shopping, talking and drinking Starbucks (if you just added Big Buck Hunting in there, it would be all of our favorite things). Friday night was Halloween (more coverage to come later). Saturday we ate and shopped around. Saturday night we went to Rock Bottom downtown and then to a bar called Double Daughters where I proceeded to drink TWO drinks containing 17 different libatations. Sunday we met up with my dear cousin Andy and I got to meet Teagan, his little pug puppy.

The moments that meant the most were the times when it was just the four of us (Linzi, Josh, Lauren and I) driving around and listening to Kings of Leon and the times when we just sat in their backyard swinging on the hammock with a beer in hand. Just living their life with them.

And what a wonderful life it will be.

Those of you who know me know that I am a sucker for romance. I have been planning my big day in my head since age 5. I want to get married on the beach. I want 3 kids. And I can now add one more thing to that list...I want a man who looks at me the way Josh looks at Linzi.

So I toast...even though I cannot be there tomorrow, I will be there in spirit. And I will be there for the ceremony in the Fall and every step of the way up until that day and beyond.

Josh, I am so happy that you will be part of our little family. That is all I will say for now because I am saving the rest for my speech next year.

I love you, Giz Wiz...Congratulations!

No comments: