Thursday, September 18, 2008

The NieNie Dialogues: An Inspiration


My friend, Chloe, suggested a blog to me recently called the NieNie Dialogues. Over the past week, I have saturated my time with this blog. Chloe suggested I start from the beginning and I did, September 2005. I read three years of someone's life in three days. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning just so I could log on and read more. This woman is not much older than I (27) and lives in Mesa, Arizona with her LOVING (that word is in caps for a reason) husband and four beautiful children. She is a stay at home mother and one of the most creative people I have ever, well I guess, read about. This woman puts Martha to shame.
Now, if you know me...you know that I tend to become obsessed with things pretty easily. After reading Nie's life...I think it's safe to say that I am in love with her and her family. She has inspired me and made me realize what is important in my own life and the direction I want to be headed.
Unfortunately, Stephanie (Nie) and her husband, Christian, were in a private plane crash on August 16th. Both were admitted under critical condition although he is doing much better now but suffers 30% of his body being burned. Nie is in a chemically induced coma with over 80% of her body burned. It is going to take months and months and dollars and dollars for them to recover. Her four children are with her sisters now.
I have been praying for their family and have not been able to stop thinking about their situation over the last four days. When talking to friends and family about it, I describe her blog as the best book I've read all year.
I highly suggest it to you.
http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/
(Sorry I haven't figured out how to insert links quite yet)
Also, if you would like to check out the recovery site which is also incredibly moving it is here
The recovery site talks about her family devotion and eternal romance. I couldn't think of two better ways to describe it.
My thoughts are with the family. I hope they get back to afternoons of cookie baking, evenings of dancing and birthdays of balloon wishes as soon as possible.

1 comment:

My name is Tiffanie said...

I just looked at her blog. So sad and heartbreaking. Thank goodness she is alive. I don't think I could read it all, I am not in the mood to cry that much.