Thursday, September 18, 2008

Change.

Maybe it's that the first day of Fall is on Monday. Maybe it's that some important things in my life have recently changed. Maybe it's my 1/4 life crisis. But what I can tell you, my friends, is that I am no longer blonde.

I'm not crazy about it, either. I'm not unhappy. I think right now I'm just not recognizing myself but I am not sure how much of that has to do with my hair color. I will tell you that I'm SO tired of explaining "Why", people are just fascinated with the idea of doing something so dramatic I guess. I think I'm going to have it lightened when I go back in October.
Speaking of change, I have been considering moving out of Las Vegas recently. When Jenner and I were on our East Coast trip, it just reminded me that there is so much more out there than neon and desert. Don't get me wrong, I am FOR Vegas but I've been here for 18 years now. I've never lived anywhere else in my adult life. So I went on this site called "Find Your Spot". It's really cool, you just answer a bunch of questions about what you like to do, what kind of environment you want to be in, what is important to you in life, etc. then they give you a 24 places that fit your criteria.
So without further adieu...Here is my list:

1. Portland, Oregon
2. Honolulu, Hawaii
3. Santa Cruz, California
4. Alexandria, Louisiana
5. Seattle, Washington
6. San Bernadino, California
7. Charleston, South Carolina
8. Santa Barbara, California
9. Little Rock, Arkansas
10. Charlotte, North Carolina
11. Baton Rouge, Louisiana
12. Jacksonville, Florida
13. Palo Atlo, California
14. Ventura, California
15. Greenville, South Carolina
16. Augusta, Georgia
17. Baltimore, Maryland
18. Chesapeake-Virginia Beach, Virginia
19. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
20. Hartford, Connecticut
21. El Cajon, California
22. Gainsville, Florida
23. Sacramento, California
24. Nashville, Tennessee

I feel like I should make it a goal of mine to at least go visit five of these places. I've always wanted to visit the Northern Pacific Region, Hawaii...um yes, please and South Carolina because I know good people who came from there.
You should try it, friend....go on www.findyourspot.com and let me know what you find! Maybe if we match, we can make some plans.

2 comments:

Shalene said...

I don't know why they gave you San Bernardino, CA. Not even the people who live there like it. lol Well, Big Bear is in San Berdo, so I guess that's okay. Thanks for the site, though. I"m going to check it out for sure.

Pep said...

You can't move until I retire, but Sam and I would move to Charleston in a heartbeat.