Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Discovering Denver #4: Attend the Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market

Lucky Finds!

I finally made it - crossed another one off the Discovering Denver (love that 20 months into the move, I'm still 'discovering') list this past Saturday.

Linz had come down from Pine, we were in a state (see: hungover) and at Brunch with Bill and Cam when I said "You guys, I have to make it to the Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market, it's been on my list forever and I've been out of town for the rest that were held this year!"

Good friends being good friends, they agreed to go with me (even though it was all of 38 degrees outside). My other Pinterest addicted friend, Miranda, met us there and we chattered through the rows and rows of booths - it truly was like Etsy come to life and OH! if we could only Pin things IRL, our boards would have been filled!

Then came my lucky find on a cold fall day! One of the last booths we stopped at had an afghan that caught my eye - is that Chevron?? Well, yes - yes it is, it just happens to be a blanket version of the couch I so desperately have been pining after. I glanced at the price tag - $15?!? No. There must be another 1 in front of that figure. So I ask the gentleman tending the booth - 'excuse me, sir, is this $15?' 'Yup, $15.' I was so excited I blurted out their tag line, "LUCKY FIND!" which got me a cute pint glass which then inspired me to buy the shirt!


So, folks - I got all of these goods for $25. And on Sunday afternoon, I snuggled up under my new chevron afghan and finished my book as one happy girl.

Do you understand why Miranda and I already have the date saved for December 8th when the Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market brings a Holiday Market to life?

Don't worry, I'll be sure to pick you something up.

No comments: