Thursday, March 31, 2011

#37: Learn to Make a Pot of Coffee

So this was an easy one. Or, at least, it should have been an easy one.

I love coffee. Usually by "coffee" I mean a Mocha Frap Light add Vanilla Bean and Caramel Sauce. Or a Vanilla Latte. But, thanks to burning the stick at both ends - and trying to live on a budget - I've started drinking coffee coffee. Usually this coffee coffee was supplied by SK+G. And then when I moved in to the Wicklers, there was always a pot brewing.

I've been spoiled.

But the other morning, I woke up and since it's spring break in the house - Josh and Linzi were not awake. And no one set the coffee on auto-brew. I've gotten accustomed to making my hour drive to work with a warm cup of Joe in my hand. What now?

Time to conquer #37, my babies.

What should have taken me 2 minutes took me 15 since I was trying to figure out measurements - water vs. grinds. But it happened. I made my first pot of coffee. Given, Josh had to add some more water to it to make it right but I still made it happen. A crash course in coffee making 101 and now I'm all set to do it on my own when I move out of the Wickler's next week.

Barista Kate. It's got a ring to it, no?

1 comment:

Renee Losey said...

I had no idea you didn't know how to do THIS! But congrats on your newly acquired skill, love :) It will definitely come in handy once you are on your own!