Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Rainy Days Ain't So Bad When You're the King

I am currently sitting in the Denver International Airport, awaiting my plane to arrive to jet me back to Vegas.


I've been in Denver for the past week and although the whole trip has been something to remember - we certainly saved the best for last with the Kings of Leon show. Last night ended up being one of those nights that the Wicklers and I will look back upon when we are 80, reminiscing about the time we saw the Kings of Leon, drenched in rain and how it truly was a once in a lifetime experience. The show was held at Comfort Dental Amphitheatre (worst name ever - used to be Fidler's Green for those of you familiar with the area.) The weather all week had been gorgeous - actually, a little hot for the Denver area (I kept hearing I "brought the heat") - but still, sunny, with maybe a shower in the afternoon to cool everything off but that was about all to report.


Until last night, around 7 p.m....right when we were arriving to the show......there was a slight sprinkle, Linzi turned and asked me, "think we should grab these umbrellas?" "Na, I am sure they would just be more of a hassle." Well, kids, you know what is a real hassle? Torrential downpour. Yup, by the time we were through the gates, we were desperately running around trying to find a poncho or three.


After about 15 minutes, we were soaked through and through. And then I just decided to embrace it. With a 24 ounce Miller Light in my hand and two of my best friends by my side, about to see my favorite band in the whole world....I just decided that this was livin'.


It ended up being one of the best nights of my life. What an experience, to see the Kings, under a summer rainstorm in the middle of Denver, CO. Along with their nearly two hour set, came thunder and lightning. The photo above is a view from the show (obv). We perched ourselves at the top of the hill and had the most amazing view of the show with the city lights and mountains in the background.


We all know my love for KOL, so as you can imagine, I was having the time of my life - smiling and singing and dancing the night away.


Thank you, Denver, for a night I will never forget.

1 comment:

X said...

Sounds lovely. Downpour and all.