Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Celebration

If you know me, you know I don't need a reason to celebrate on a Friday night. Just the fact that it is Friday seems like a fine enough reason for me to put on a dress and hit the town. However, this past Friday called for not one but TWO occasions to celebrate so you can imagine how excited I was.

The birth and return of Miss Anika Jones.

You know Anika, she is the one I make bad decisions with on a school night. I've known Anika for YEARS, over a decade (as I am lucky to have known most of my friends for that long). We had photo class together in high school and then were lucky enough to reconnect (thank you Facebook) and reunite at Don't Tell Mama over the summer. And what a summer it was. We were inseparable! She was my Plus One and I was hers. We ran this town on The Strip, Downtown Freemont East, at the Hard Rock Concert Series, Britney Spears, UNLV Football games and the infamous Zappos party but the nights we enjoyed most were sitting on my patio, sipping cocktails and running our mouths away. After all, we had a lot of catching up to do. And then one night, in walked The Germ and love happened.

And then she went to live in the NYC with him for what felt like eternity, but winter does that to a girl sometimes.

Then came early March and just like Springtime, FUN arrived. Chris and Anika are back and for good if I have anything to say about it. So we celebrated. Anika turning 27 and having not one, but now two, friends back in my life.









No comments: